Do you like playing games? Do you enjoy cooking? Do you like to occasionally have more than just soda pop and potato chips as snacks for game night? In this Monday blog series, game industry personalities will be sharing some of their favorite recipes for game night munchies. Welcome to Gaming Gastronomy! This week our spherical sausage snacks come from Robb Rouse of Blue Peg, Pink Peg.
Robb Rouse (Facebook, Twitter, Website) is the loudest of the Pegs on Blue Peg, Pink Peg. During the day, Robb is an investigator conducting national security background investigations (sounds a lot cooler than it really is). He has been gaming since he can remember and his favorite gaming partner is his 6 year old daughter who has wicked steady hands and constantly schools him at Rhino Hero. When not gaming, he enjoys improv comedy and watching his wife kick butt in roller derby.
- 1 ½ pounds of hot sausage (this is usually a package and half)
- 8 ounces of shredded sharp cheddar cheese (if you really want to get fancy you can grate it yourself!)
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups of Bisquick (or your baking mix of choice)
- A pinch (I SAID A PINCH!) of cayenne pepper
- ½ cup sliced scallions
- ½ cup of finely chopped cilantro
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Put sausage, baking mix, eggs, cheese, scallions, cilantro, and that PINCH of cayenne pepper in a bowl.
- Hand mix until everything is good and mixed up.
- Roll into 1 inch balls and place them on a foil-lined baking sheet spaced apart.
- Put into oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- Once done, let them cool a couple minutes before removing from foil.
In the coming weeks, check back here on Mondays for more delectable recipes from personalities around the game industry.