I am passionate about helping others in the game industry succeed with their creative endeavors. To help a designer or publisher polish their creative works for the gaming community to enjoy is very fulfilling and heartwarming. If I can assist you with proofreading or editing, please contact me via Email (tr “at” freelanceknight.com), Twitter, Facebook, or the Contact Form below. I would enjoy working along side you and your team on creative projects. A full resume is available upon request. Thank you for considering me as a freelancer.
- Lifelong tabletop gamer with thirty plus years of roleplaying experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of proofreading, copy editing, and editorial style guides
- Experience with Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Office applications, and Scrivener
- Knowledge and experience with British and American English spelling and vocabulary
- Adjunct Professor of Game Studies course at Taylor University
- Adjunct Professor of Writing & Editing for Games course at Taylor University
I freelance because I am passionate about gaming and helping others produce amazing games. These are my typical rates for freelance work but I am willing to negotiate if you have an alternate proposal.
- Tabletop Games - For proofreading or editing, listing my name in the credits and a copy of the game with any Kickstarter stretch goals. If the game can be signed by some of the design team, that is a wonderful bonus. An amazing game to enjoy playing with my friends and family is payment enough.
- RPGs and Novellas – A printed copy of game with my name in the credits and $1 a page for proofreading, $0.01 a word for editing, or $0.03 a word for writing. RPGs with their higher word counts require a more significant time commitment and thus the additional financial compensation. If the game can be signed by some of the design team, that is a wonderful bonus.
- Other Projects – For other projects besides proofreading and editing, please contact me and we can discuss a fair compensation.
If you would like references, I can put you in contact with PUBLISHERS I have worked with.
- Battlefield Press
- Chronicle City
- Fantasy Flight
- Free League Publishing
- GreenBrier Games
- Gun Metal Games
- Mindjammer Press
- Norwester Games
- Onyx Path Publishing
- Outland Entertainment
- Pandasaurus Games
- Son of Oak Games
- Stronghold Games
- Total Party Kill Games
If you would like to review examples of my work, here are some PUBLISHED PROJECTS.
- Achtung! Cthulhu – Dark Tales from the Secret Wars, Vol. 1
- Simon Stålenhag’s Tales from the Loop
- Simon Stålenhag’s Things from the Flood
- Bear Valley
- City of Spies: Double Agent – Expansion
- Cottage Garden
- The Dragon & Flagon
- Fabled Fruit
- Five Cucumbers
- Flamme Rouge
- The Fog of War
- Get the Cheese!
- Heavy Steam
- La Granja ¡No Siesta!
- Pit Crew
- Sola Fide: The Reformation
- Times Square: The Zombies Are Multiplying
- Wasteland Express Delivery Service
- Achtung! Cthulhu (Assault on the Mountains of Madness, Elder Godlike, Fate Guide to the Secret War, Guide to the Eastern Front, Guide to North Africa, Guide to the Pacific Front, Heroes of the Sea, Interface Zero 19.40, Kontamination, Secrets of the Dust, Shadows of Atlantis, Terrors of the Secret War)
- Arcane Focus: The Wayfarer Magics of the Vagabond Mage (PFRPG)
- Better Worlds
- Changeling: The Dreaming (Index)
- Chronicles of Darkness (Index)
- City of Mist Starter Set
- Conan: Jeweled Thrones of the Earth
- Down Darker Trails
- Eldritch Skies – Savage Worlds Edition
- Exalted, 3rd Edition (Index)
- Forever Summer
- Interface Zero 2.0
- Mage: The Awakening, Second Edition (Index)
- Mutant Chronicles (Cartels & Orbitals, Dark Legion Campaign, GM Screen, Luna & Freelancers, Venusian Apocalypse)
- Mutant Chronicles Savage Worlds Edition
- Mutant (Mutant: Genlab Alpha, Mutant: Year Zero, Mutant: Year Zero – Dead Blue Sea, Mutant: Year Zero – Lair of the Saurians, Mutant: Year Zero – GM Screen)
- Promethean: The Created (Index)
- Pulp Fantastic
- Robert E. Howard’s Conan: Jeweled Thrones of the Earth
- Seven Worlds
- The Villain Codex I: Foes for Fledgling Heroes (PFRPG)
- Wardens of the Wild
NOTE: Projects that I am currently working on that are under a Non-Disclosure Agreement or still in development I have not listed here.