I am passionate about helping others in the game industry succeed with their creative endeavors. To help a designer or publisher polish their creative works for the gaming community to enjoy is very fulfilling and heartwarming. If I can assist you with proofreading or editing, please contact me via Email (tr “at” freelanceknight.com), Twitter, Facebook, or the Contact Form below. I would enjoy working along side you and your team on creative projects. A full resume is available upon request. Thank you for considering me as a freelancer.
- Lifelong tabletop gamer with thirty plus years of roleplaying experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of proofreading, copy editing, and editorial style guides
- Experience with Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Office applications, and Scrivener
- Knowledge and experience with British and American English spelling and vocabulary
- Adjunct Professor of Game Studies course at Taylor University
- Adjunct Professor of Writing & Editing for Games course at Taylor University
I freelance because I am passionate about gaming and helping others produce amazing games. These are my typical rates for freelance work but I am willing to negotiate if you have an alternate proposal.
- Tabletop Games - For proofreading or editing, listing my name in the credits and a copy of the game with any Kickstarter stretch goals. If the game can be signed by some of the design team, that is a wonderful bonus. An amazing game to enjoy playing with my friends and family is payment enough.
- RPGs and Novellas – A printed copy of game with my name in the credits and $2 a page for proofreading, $0.01 a word for editing, or $0.03 a word for writing. RPGs with their higher word counts require a more significant time commitment and thus the additional financial compensation. If the game can be signed by some of the design team, that is a wonderful bonus.
- Other Projects – For other projects besides proofreading and editing, please contact me and we can discuss a fair compensation.
If you would like references, I can put you in contact with PUBLISHERS I have worked with.
- Battlefield Press
- Chronicle City
- Fantasy Flight
- Free League Publishing
- Funhill Games
- GreenBrier Games
- Gun Metal Games
- Mindjammer Press
- Norwester Games
- Onyx Path Publishing
- Outland Entertainment
- Pandasaurus Games
- Son of Oak Games
- Stronghold Games
- Total Party Kill Games
If you would like to review examples of my work, here are some PUBLISHED PROJECTS.