Quite a few people have asked me recently how I keep up with game industry news and information.
Besides following my favorite game publishers on Twitter and Facebook for their specific news, there are quite a few very informative websites with RSS feeds devoted to general game industry news. Personally, I use Feedly as my RSS reader on my laptop, tablet and phone.
- Dice Tower News – http://www.dicetowernews.com/
- DriveThruRPG.com Newsletter – http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/newsletter_rss_feed.php
- ENWORLD MORRUS’ DAILY RPG NEWS UPDATES – http://www.enworld.org/index.php?page=contact
- ICv2: THE BUSINESS OF GEEK CULTURE – http://icv2.com/articles/games
- Theology of Games – http://www.theologyofgames.com/
I follow a number of individuals and groups on Twitter who post game industry news, releases and reviews.
I am also very interested in how the game industry works including game design, marketing, funding, and business practices.
Game Industry & Kickstarter Information and Insights:
- Board Game University – http://boardgameuniversity.libsyn.com/
- Funding the Dream – Richard Bliss – http://richardabliss.com/podcast/
- Impressions Vidcast – http://www.impressionsadv.net/index.php
- James Mathe – Entrepreneur, Designer, Publisher – http://www.jamesmathe.com/
- Jamey Stegmaier Blog – http://stonemaiergames.com/blog/
- League of Game Makers – http://www.leagueofgamemakers.com/
Those are the highlights of what I find informative and educational on a daily and weekly basis. What other websites or Twitter feeds do you highly recommend for general gaming news and game industry insights?