August is soon upon us. Students are returning to school. Gamers and geeks are heading to Gen Con. And RPG fans are discussing their hobby on social media, inspired by the #RPGaDAY daily prompts. I have really enjoyed participating in #RPGaDAY each year, and this year I was honored to submit a question and be interviewed (check out the August 4th question and links this year). What is #RPGaDAY, you ask?
As with previous years, #RPGaDAY is all about positivity. About how great our hobby is, how it can bring people together, and give them a fantastic social experience that fires the imagination, gets us thinking, and can give us vital real world skills. Friendships forged in the heat of battling an army of orcs can stay with you a lifetime – I know they certainly have with me.
#RPGaDAY celebrates our hobby, spreads the word of how amazing it can be, how accepting, encouraging and downright entertaining it can be.
For each day of August, look at the question prompts, some of which have been provided by you – those enthusiastic gamers who have taken part in previous years – and use them as inspiration to write a blog post, record a vlog, or simply post a photo on Instagram. Share your experiences, and join in with the hashtag #RPGaDAY2018 and #RPGaDAY. The latter will be flagged by the website ( www.rpgaday.com ) and will be collated there. (Hopefully)… (From the founder of #RPGaDAY Dave F. Chapman’s blog post regarding #RPGaDAY2018)
I will be participating again this year and, you can find my posts on Facebook or Twitter. You can even find my previous year posts here. I encourage you to participate as well by following the link to Dave’s blog. I hope to see many of you joining the conversation online for #RPGaDAY2018.
Here is a text list of the 2018 questions for your reference and easy copy/paste access.
1. What do you love about RPGs?
2. What is the first thing you look for in an RPG?
3. What gives a game “staying power”?
4. Most memorable NPC?
5. Favourite recurring NPC?
6. How can players make a world seem real?
7. How can a GM make the stakes important?
8. How can we get more people playing?
9. How has a game surprised you?
10. How has gaming changed you?
11. Wildest character name?
12. Wildest character concept?
13. Describe how your play has evolved
14. Describe a failure that became amazing
15. Describe a tricky RPG experience you enjoyed
16. Describe your plans for your next game
17. Describe the best compliment you’ve had gaming
18. Art that inspires your game
19. Music that enhances your game
20. Which game mechanic inspires your play the most?
21. Which dice mechanic appeals to you?
22. Which non-dice system appeals to you?
23. Which game do you hope to play again?
24. Which RPG do you think deserves more recognition?
25. Game that had an impact on you in the last 12 months
26. Gaming ambition for the next 12 months
27. Share a great stream / actual play
28. Share whose inspiring gaming excellence you’re grateful for
29. Share a friendship you have because of RPGs
30. Share something you learned about playing your character
31. Share why you take part in RPGaDAY